Wellwood House in central Pitlochry is a fine listed building, c. 1881, where those wishing to sample a little of the historic feel of Highland Perthshire are made most welcome. Rooms vary in size from large to moderately small, as one would expect from such an old building. Almost all have have been upgraded with new en-suites.
The Antique Room is a real hit with visitors as the genuine antiques in the room are as old as the house itself. A bath and hand held shower compliment a period bathroom, and a chamber pot (nowadays only for champers and ornamentation) add to the quaint touches in this room.
The Romantic Tower, Atholl View and many other rooms have views of the surrounding mountains, or overlook the Atholl Valley and the A Listed church which dominate the town.
Pitlochty’s famous, Victorian, Arcaded main street and the lovely A listed railway station are complemented by 19 listed buildings making Pitlochry a must visit town for anyone holidaying in Scotland.